Yesterday our members had the privilege to meet UFC Superstar Jorge Masvidal here at SRG, and not only to watch him teaching some of his favorite clinch techniques but also to hold and take photos with his well known BMF Belt. We must admit that his belt is one of the coolest and certainly the heaviest we have ever seen, a one of a kind.
The BMF belt it is the coolest belt we ever seen, but it’s not even close to be something we would be aiming to get. Right now we can only think about our kid’s bouts on the weekend in Brisbane. On Sunday February 23rd we will have Adam SRG Kaewphaluek, Cale SRG Wild and Louis SRG Fox fighting for the ISKA Youth Australian Belt in their weight divisions. Well deserved boys, hard work pays off and we can’t wait to have you representing us once again.
For everyone that missed or was not aware of Jorge’s visit to the gym, we actually didn’t know until the night before. His manager called in here asking if they could come and use the space, in which we had no problem with as it was between hours of no training session in the gym. They ended up arriving 1.5hr late so some of the students that were training or getting ready for their 4:30pm class got the chance to meet him and quickly have a chat. For future references, we will let everyone know about any fighters coming to visit us at SRG.
Have you checked our white board at the gym? If you did, then you know how busy February and March will be to our Fight Team, but if you didn’t, below is a list with the upcoming bouts.
ISKA Search for Talent 3 – 23rd February (North Lakes Sport Club 36-42 Flinders Parade, North Lakes QLD)
– Adam Kaewphaluek vs Connor Gillen 51kg 3x2min ISKA Youth Australian Belt
– Cale Wild vs Eddie Fotek 40kg 3x2min ISKA Youth Australian Belt
– Louis Fox vs Indy 35kg 3x2min ISKA Youth Australian Belt
Roots Muay Thai: Concrete Jungle – 29th February (Collingwood Town Hall, Melbourne, Australia, 140 Hoddle St, Abbotsford VIC 3067)
– Huw Davies vs Roberto Fogassi 67kg 3x2min
– Paul Rogers vs Petaia Samasoni 72kg 3x3min
Next Generation Central Coast – 29th February (200 Main Road, Toukley, New South Wales 2263 )
– Robert Brookes vs Will Saunders 82kg 3x2min
– Tania Ballarino vs Melissa Sarkis 80kg 3x2min
– Kobe Sandilands vs Liam Mckillop 45kg 3x2min
– Scott Cuddon vs Kyle Thurley 76kg 3x2min
– Stellios Hountalas vs Josh Dezman 63.5kg 5x2min MTA NSW State Belt
Adelaide Muay Thai – 1st March (
– James Kostic vs Darcy Bleasdale 51kg 3x2min
– Louis Fox vs Will Bleasdale 35kg 3x2min
– Megan Riddington vs Penny Godfrey 56kg 3x2min
War on the North Shore 42 – 8th March ( 12 Abbott St, Cammeray, New South Wales, Australia 2062 )
– Sean Lightfoot vs Joel Anderson 58kg MASA NSW State Belt
Siam 2 Sydney – 21st March ( Auburn Basketball Centre Wyatt Park, Church Street, Lidcombe, New South Wales 2141)
– Phisit Suksawang vs Cruz Briggs 68kg 5x3min
– Edimar Teixeira vs Cade Melia 76kg 3x3min
– Maggie Hajduk vs Dalia-Sin Kurosaki 50.8kg 5×2 MTA State Title
Which match makes you anxious? We can’t wait to see what February and March reserves to our fighters. Make sure to support them! Come past reception and inquire about tickets for each event you would like to see. SOOT RAAENG GEERT!!